The NIID is a forum sponsored by the
International Division of the National Defense Industry Association
(NDIA), with support from the Navy International Programs Office.
Established in 1999, the NIID has grown from a quarterly update of Navy
IPO activities to its current topic-oriented dialogues. The objectives
of the NIID are as follows:
- Host a forum that focuses on important, topical issues that provide
a compelling reason for U.S. government, industry and international
attaches to attend.
- Provide Navy IPO with the opportunity to share its views and
activities with industry and the attache community.
- Discuss and promote the opportunities for international
participation in current and future U.S. Navy programs.
- Structure the event in a way that promotes the open exchange of
ideas among U.S. Navy, industry and attache participants.
Topics for NIID events are cooperatively developed by
representatives of the NDIA International Division and Navy IPO staff.
Topics are also solicited from industry and attaches. Meetings take
place in Arlington, VA and normally run two hours, followed by a
one-hour networking reception. Prior NIID topics include:
- Coastal Defense
- Maritime Domain Awareness
- Maritime Unmanned Autonomous Systems
- International Port Security
- Littoral Ships
- Sea-Based Missile Defense
- Joint Strike Fighter